A highly skilled professional, Elsa Caleb is a passionate and experienced business strategist, speaker, trainer and entrepreneur.
Elsa is currently a sought after Business Strategist with over 20 years’ experience. A results-oriented, dynamic professional who consistently provides workable bespoke solutions to suit the needs of businesses and organisations at different stages of their business cycle. Supporting entrepreneurs with business viability assessments, securing grants, loans and corporate financial sponsorship, marketing and forecasting. Proven track record of successfully assisting high growth business owners to further develop and extend their business growth strategies.
Business Consulting and Training
- Project Manager and Business Consultant for the Grenfell Tower Project – assisting businesses to recover after their ordeal. Business planning, raising finance, marketing/social media etc. In partnership with Greater London Authority & The Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea and Portobello Business Centre
- Business Trainer - Business Start-up courses aimed at women and various Business Courses aimed at established businesses
- Relocation and business advice and support to local businesses in London
- Manages a Training Academy in partnership The Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs - London Region - offering Business Start-up Courses and courses for Established Business Owners including certification as an Enterprise Mentor
- Motivational speaker
- Business Awards Judge
- As Chair of The Institute of Business Consulting (London Region) events identified key speakers, sought
corporate sponsorship from large corporations
- Researched, designed and facilitated business development training courses for business owners; processed
management information with high growth businesses
- Former Chair of The Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative (SFEDI)
- As District Secretary of a large Church denomination within the UK, provided various workshops on policies &
procedures to ensure compliance as a Charity for the 17 sites within the UK
- As Vice-Chairman of the YMCA, George Williams College, applied for funding to develop courses and
qualifications for youth development
- Performed workforce development with companies such as Lego-land and private hotels; designed and ran
training courses for managers and team leaders
- Facilitated various training courses in How to Apply for Funding, Raising Finance for Businesses, how to write
a successful Business Plan, Marketing your Business, and various self-development courses
- Assess viability of loan applications by analysing business plan, cash-flow forecast and affordability
- Communicate with loan applicants throughout the application process
- Establish requirements for individual applicants in order to progress to loan application
- Conduct due diligence on applicant and business idea
- Reduce incidence of fraud through robust challenge of business ideas
- Work closely with the Credit Managers during the approval process
- Ensure that loan applications are compliant with Minimum Standards, Credit Policy and FCA requirements before
recommending to Credit Manager for approval
- Wrote various articles within the Business Start-up arena, that includes website and various newsletters within the
A former member of the Small Business Council (SBC), (Advisor to 3 Secretaries of State for Trade and Industry - DTI). Areas include Small Business, Finance, Women, Ethnic Minorities and The Home Office.
Elsa has assisted individuals to exceed their projected sales forecast and maintain sustainability. She continues to develop unique Business Development Courses for the business industry.
SFEDI accreditated Business Adviser.